YALL! This recipe is a total accident of deliciousness! One night I was looking in my refrigerator at what I had and I knew I needed a quick instant pot meal! This recipe was simple easy and I had everything on hand! If you love your instant pot as much as I do, you know how amazing a quick, simple, and easy instant pot dump recipe is! AND THIS IS JUST THAT! I usually put this recipe over rice or cauliflower rice (for low carb) and it is amazing! You can also just eat it as is! It also makes amazing leftovers to last you through the week! I mean awesome right!
Equipment for this recipe:
- Instant Pot
- Small Bowl
- Cookie Sheet
Ingredients for this recipe:
- Boneless, Skinless Chicken Thighs
- Fresh Thyme
- Garlic Clove
- Sour Cream
- Olive Oil
I use chicken thighs for this recipe, but you could also easily use chicken breasts. Just keep in mind that chicken breasts will be less juicy so you may want to add a 1/4 water or chicken broth to the bottom of your instant pot if you use chicken breasts.
Lemons add a great citrus and tart aspect to this recipe and that is why this recipe calls for it. However, if you don’t have lemons, lime juice will also work.
Thyme is such a great herb for this recipe. If you don’t have thyme on hand, rosemary also goes great with this recipe!
Sour cream makes this recipe creamy. If you are wanting a healthier option, you could swap this out for coconut cream. My husband and I do this from time to time and it is great!
Broccolini is simply the veggie I chose for this recipe. You can definitely swap this out for any vegetable you want or have on hand. I also love roasted asparagus with this!
Don’t have an instant pot? No problem! All you have to do is dump the chicken thighs, lemon juice, fresh thyme, garlic clove, salt, pepper, and sour cream into your crock pot and add 1/4 cup of water or chicken broth. Cook on low for 6-8 hours or until the chicken thighs are tender and cooked through. Cook your broccolini once your chicken is ready. This recipe is simple, so swapping it over to the crockpot version is easy! I hope you love this!
Instant Pot Creamy Lemon and Thyme Chicken Thighs with Broccolini
I hope you love this recipe! Check out other simple recipes like this one:
One Pan Chicken Wonder
Pork Chop with Chive Crema
Grilled Peach & Teriyaki Chicken with Grilled Asparagus
- 4 large boneless, skinless chicken thighs
- 3 lemons
- 3-4 sprigs of fresh thyme
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 bundles of broccolini
- Preheat your oven 350º. In a small bowl, coat the broccolini in olive oil, salt, and pepper to taste. Put the broccolini on a cookie sheet.
- In your instant pot, combine chicken thighs, lemon juice (from your 3 lemons), fresh thyme, salt, pepper, and sour cream.
- Turn your instant pot on high pressure for 30 minutes and turn the pressure valve to sealed.
- While the chicken is cooking, put the broccolini in the oven for 10-15 minutes to roast.
- Once the chicken is finished release the pressure valve and release all pressure! Then chicken is ready to serve!
- Serve the chicken and broccolini while hot. You can serve the chicken and cream sauce over rice or cauliflower rice if desired!
Leave a Reply