I love chicken nuggets! Chick-fil-a is my jam! I am always looking for copycat chick-fil-a recipe. This chicken nugget recipe is simple, quick, easy, and healthy. That’s what I love about it! If I can find a recipe that is healthy and tastes good, I am completely on board! Since these are pretty quick to make and very minimal ingredients, I love just keeping the ingredients on hand so I can make this if I get a craving for chicken nuggets! This recipe only has 1.3 g of net carbs, so it is Keto friendly and also whole 30 friendly because all of the ingredients are healthy ingredients and whole 30 approved! I hope you enjoy these as much as I do!
Equipment for the chicken nuggets:
- Frying Pan
- Small Bowl
- Medium Bowl
- Plate lined with a paper towel
Ingredients for the chicken nuggets:
- Almond Flour
- Pickle Juice
- Avocado Oil
How to make the chicken nuggets:
First you will want to dice your chicken breast into 1/2 inch chunks. Then begin soaking them in your pickle juice for at least one hour. In a medium bowl combine all of your almond flour, paprika, salt, and pepper. In a small bowl whisk together your eggs. Then preheat a medium frying pan on medium high heat and add in your avocado oil to preheat. Then dip your chicken chunks in the egg wash mixture, then the almond flour mixture, then straight into the hot avocado oil. You will need to rotate the chicken with your tongs every 30-45 seconds to brown all the sides. You will leave each piece in the oil for a total of 3-4 minutes or until the internal temperature in 165. Serve with a dipping sauce, such as my Green Dream Dipping Sauce! I hope you love it!
Great dishes to go with the chicken nuggets:
Personally I love these nuggets because they are so versatile. They go great with the recipes listed below:
Pistachio Encrusted Zucchini Fries
How to store & reheat these chicken nuggets for later:
One cool thing about these chicken nuggets is that they keep very nicely! I always cook double or triple the recipe and freeze some for later! If you have good air tight storage bags, those are the best way to store these nuggets for later. Put them in an air tight storage bag and they will keep in the freezer for up to 3 months. Then to reheat them you can place the frozen nuggets on a cookie sheet and cook the in the oven at 350 for 15 minutes. You can also save the chicken nuggets in the refrigerator for up to 5 days in an air tight container or bag. Then to heat them up from the refrigerator you can cook them in the oven at 350 for 8 minutes.
Almond Flour Chicken Nuggets
This recipe goes great with my Green Dream Dipping Sauce!
- 1 cup avocado oil
- 1 lb chicken breast
- 1 cup pickle juice
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tbsp paprika
- 2 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
- Dice chicken breast into 1/2 inch cube and soak in pickle juice for one hour.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk together your eggs. Then, in medium bowl, mix together almond flour, paprika, salt, and pepper.
- Preheat a medium frying pan over medium high heat and add in your avocado oil to preheat.
- Next, dip your chicken chunks into egg wash then into the almond flour mixture. Make sure they are well coated. Then add the chicken into the frying pan.
- Rotate the chicken pieces with your tongs often to make sure all sides brown. Cook each piece of chicken for 3-4 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 165º. Place cooked chicken on paper towel lined plate to dry.
- Serve with a dipping sauce, such as my Green Dream Sauce, check out the link below.
Almond Flour Chicken Nuggets
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 20.9 g||32.2%|
|Saturated Fat 2.8 g||14%|
|Trans Fat 0 g|
|Cholesterol 179.2 mg||59.7%|
|Sodium 1349.5 mg||56.2%|
|Total Carbohydrate 2.8 g||0.9%|
|Dietary Fiber 1.5 g||6%|
|Sugars .4 g|
|Protein 36.8 g|
|Vitamin A 19.9%||Vitamin C 1.9%|
|Calcium 6.2%||Iron 10.9%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Muddled and Minced
Leave a Reply