My mother & father-in-law make amazing shish kebab, BUT in a GRILL BASKET! Yeah, you read that right! NO need to fool with kebabing each individual piece onto a skewer… I mean you still can if you want to, but the grill basket makes it so much easier. When my father-in law first grilled this for me a couple years ago, I was so skeptical that it would taste the same, BUT it tastes even better, because it all sits and grills together! I hope you love it as much as we do! It is a weekly staple in our household & we keep the ingredients on hand for emergencies!
Equipment for this recipe:
- Grill Basket or Shish Kebab Skewers
- Large Bowl
- Cutting Board
Ingredients for this recipe:
- Chicken Breasts
- White Onion
- Bell Pepper
- Season Salt (I use Lawry’s)
- Rice (if you want)
- Dipping Sauces of choice (We love the Lawry’s marinating sauces (the Baja Chipotle or Hawaiian are amazing- We also love YUM YUM sauce on it as well)
Chicken Breasts is the easiest and cheapest option but you could always switch this out for steak or pork as well. Steak and pork will take less time to cook though, so keep those things in mind.
Mushrooms can also be added to this recipe if you like, my husband and I leave them out, just because mushrooms go bad quickly and this is usually a backup meal for us of things I have on hand.
You can also use fresh pineapple and fresh potatoes if you like, just make sure that you boil the potatoes slightly first so that they cook thoroughly!
Other easy meal ideas:
Instant Pot Creamy Lemon & Thyme Chicken Thighs with Broccolini
Easy Shish Kebab
Check out some other easy and cheap recipes:
Asian Chicken Primavera
- 2 lbs Chicken Breasts, diced
- 1 lb Bacon, diced
- 1 White Onion, diced
- 1 20 oz. can of Pineapple Chunks, drained
- 2 15 oz. cans of Whole White Potatoes, drained and cubed
- 1 Bell Pepper, diced
- 1 tbsp Season Salt
- 1/2 tbsp Pepper
- 2 cups White or Brown Rice
- First, preheat your grill to 350º. Dice your chicken breasts, bacon, onion, potatoes, and bell pepper.
- Put chicken, bacon, onion, pineapple, potatoes, bell pepper, season salt, and pepper in a bowl and stir together. Dump the mixture into a grill basket.
- Cook your rice as directed. Put your grill basket on the grill and cook for 30 minutes. Stir every 5-10 minutes with a large grill safe spatula.
- Serve your shish kebab over rice if desired and serve with your favorite dipping sauce! We love Lawry’s Hawaiian Marinade!
Easy Shish Kebab
Amount Per Serving:
|% Daily Value*|
|Total Fat 32.1 g||49.4%|
|Saturated Fat 8 g||40%|
|Trans Fat .1 g|
|Cholesterol 37.4 mg||12.5%|
|Sodium 3818.1 mg||159.1%|
|Total Carbohydrate 52.5 g||17.5%|
|Dietary Fiber 3 g||12%|
|Sugars 10.3 g|
|Protein 36.4 g|
|Vitamin A 33.7%||Vitamin C 197.6%|
|Calcium 23.8%||Iron 50%|
* Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs.
Muddled and Minced
Leave a Reply